[WBEL-users] Whitebox + Oracle 10g works

Michiel van Es info@pcintelligence.nl
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:44:34 +0100

It is simple: you have no X server running at the host 192.168.2.105:0.0
...I also do not think that 192.168.2.105:0.0 is not correctly (correct me
if I'm wrong).
Do the following:

On the Oracle server:

On the oracle server start xfs. (service xfs start)
On the Oracle server: export DISPLAY=192.168.2.105:0.0 (test with echo
$DISPLAY)

On the client where you want the Oracle installer output to go:

Start xfs (service xfs start)
Start X (startx)
xhost +'hostname oracle server or ip-adress' (this is the authentication
setup)

Then you're set.
On the Oracle server start a xterm an look if it displayed at the
workstation

Michiel