[WBEL-users] WBEL kernel slower than RH9?

Bill Davidsen davidsen@tmr.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:23:27 -0500

Milan Kerslager wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:01:06AM -0500, Daniel T. Gynn wrote:

> time cp file1 file2

Sorry to take this out of context, but this just doesn't give stable
results unless
   a - the file is at least 2x memory size or you run right after a boot
   b - you time with "sync; time bash -c "cp file1 file2; sync"
       which clears outstanding writes and includes total time to write

One of my pet peeves was that until I started doing this the numbers I
got had a bunch of jitter. This should be quite reliable.

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)