[WBEL-users] Keeping Whitebox up-to-date

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:19:46 +0100

On Thursday 25 March 2004 15:13, Jesús García González wrote:
> Hello all,
>

>             My connection to the internet is even poorer than the
> original Whitebox site. After I installed Whitebox, a friend brought me a
> CD with his copy of all the current updates for Whitebox at the time.
> After that, I have been updating regularly (and painfully) for a few time
> now. I have noticed that I have downloaded (via yum update) quite a lot
> of updates. My question is: Is there a place in my current up-to-date
> Whitebox server where I can get all the updates I have made so I can set
> up my own repository to update a second server in my own intranet without
> having to download all the update info again?

If you used yum, all the RPM's you downloaded should still be
in /var/cache/yum/updates/packages/  (maybe last two levels of the path are
different, depends on your yum.conf)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net