[WBEL-users] Samba 3.0.2a on WBEL

Karl-König Königsson karl-konig.q.konigsson@posten.se
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:03:00 +0200

Simone wrote:
> Hi list,
> first post here. I'm setting up a Samba 3 server on a WBEL box, which is
> working out really well. I went through Red Hat 9, Slackware 9.1, Fedora
> before it, but I find WBEL more complete and stable. The environment is
> a win2k Active Directory, and my server will be a member of the ads.

To immediately spin off on a tangent: I am _really_ interested in your
findings as to Samba and AD.

My goal with our new department server is to integrate it with the AD
environment the company as a whole is moving to. I had my first scare a
week ago when one project member got a new machine, fresh from the IT
department, that could not connect to the Samba 2.x server we have today.

I realised that this was an AD problem and also that Samba 3 supposedly
solves this. If you'd like to share your experiences I'd be more than
happy, specially configuration wise.

I have never done anything AD before so all help is welcome.

--
Karl-Koenig Koenigsson, CM Pablo
Black holes are where god divided by 0.