[WBEL-users] WBEL - on Dell 6100/200

Kyle Gasho KGasho@lmhealthcare.com
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:02:58 -0800

I just thought I'd share a new WBEL install. I install WBEL on a Dell
6100/200 with NO issues!

The system has 2 4 GIG drives and 4 8 GIG drives all SCSI. I believe that
the hardware RAID controller has the drive set in RAID 0 with 2 OS visible
drives. Drive sda is 8 GIG and drive sdb is 32 GIG.

My question is should I leave the RAID configured like this, or change it to
a RAID 5?

Here are some system specs generated using phpSysInfo 2.2
(http://phpsysinfo.sourceforge.net/)

Processors 2
Model Pentium Pro
Chip MHz 198.95 MHz
Cache Size 512 KB
System Bogomips 793.8
PCI Devices 00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro
100]
00:0c.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5700 Gigabit
Ethernet
00:0e.0 Non-VGA unclassified device: Intel Corp. 82375EB
00:0f.0 Class ff00: Intel Corp. Extended Express System Support Controller
00:14.0 RAM memory: Intel Corp. 450KX/GX [Orion] - 82453KX/GX Memory
controller
01:0a.0 Unknown mass storage controller: American Megatrends Inc. MegaRAID
428 Ultra RAID Controller
01:0b.0 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AIC-7880U
01:0c.0 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AIC-7880U

IDE Devices none
SCSI Devices MegaRAID LD0 RAID0 8176R ( Direct-Access )
MegaRAID LD1 RAID0 34272R ( Direct-Access )
DELL 6UW BACKPLANE ( Processor )
NEC CD-ROM DRIVE:462 ( CD-ROM )
DEC DLT2000 ( Sequential-Access )

Thanks!

-Kyle

This document and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. This communication may contain material protected by the
attorney-client privilege or other privileges or protections from
discovery, such as the physician-patient privilege, or a peer review
privilege, such as California Evidence Code Section 1157. If you are not
the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the
document to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this document in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this document is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender
immediately, and destroy all copies of the document.