[WBEL-users] Problem with kickstart

peter_stubbs@non.agilent.com peter_stubbs@non.agilent.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 09:00:14 +0100

Alex Tkachenko wrote:

> Besides, LVM could be set up using only GUI version of the installer;
> text version does not support it, that's why I tried to use kickstart
> -
> my system is sitting in the rack and I only have a serial console
> connection.

That's what the VNC install is so good for. Just stick 'vnc' on kernel boot line and connect to the GUI with a vncviewer.

I use this even when doing kickstart installs so that I can follow the install on the GUI to see what's happening.

Cheers,
Peter

--

"Mairzy Doats And Dozy Doats and liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey
too, wouldn't you?" -- Milton Drake, Al Hoffman, and Jerry Livingston