[WBEL-users] Re: RH Desktop

Keith Morse kgmorse@mpcu.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 13:17:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Vicki Reeves wrote:

> Phil Schaffner wrote:
>
> > Seems like WBEL users are implicitly trusting in Red Hat to continue
> > provide free (as in speech) SRPMS.  Otherwise we'd be jumping to SUSE,
> > Debian, ...
>
> We rats who desert sinking ships live with our suitcases handy and a
> close eye to the water gathering around our ankles.  I think that is a
> little different than implicit trust.  :-D

Hear, Hear! You want free? You take your chances with uncertain
continuity.  You want continuity?  Belly up to the bar and pays your
money.  In all that they've done, I've yet to see an action of Red Hat
that proves they are untrustworthy.

> Actually, John did test some of the others.  Nothing fit just right for
> us and so WBEL was born.

And many of us cheapskate bastards are grateful that you guys/gals gave
birth.