[WBEL-users] RH Desktop

Bill Davidsen davidsen@tmr.com
Wed, 05 May 2004 17:23:05 -0400

Vicki Reeves wrote:
> Phil Schaffner wrote:
>
>> Seems like WBEL users are implicitly trusting in Red Hat to continue
>> provide free (as in speech) SRPMS.  Otherwise we'd be jumping to SUSE,
>> Debian, ...
>

> We rats who desert sinking ships live with our suitcases handy and a
> close eye to the water gathering around our ankles.  I think that is a
> little different than implicit trust.  :-D
>
> Actually, John did test some of the others.  Nothing fit just right for
> us and so WBEL was born.

Let me say that I just bought another two years on my KRUD subscription.
If you don't know, Kevin's Redhat UberDistribution is a monthly delivery
of the latest RH with all the security issues fixed, latest versions of
a lot of security stuff which doesn't come from RH, and in some cases
newer versions of certain applications.

It has always been based on, but not limited to, a RH distro. Becuase
they do the work to find and provide the fixes, and offer krud2date for
the up-to-the-moment fixes, I find them worth having.

BTW: tummy.com did the early scanner stuff IIRC, and their stuff has
always been very good to me. lately they have gone to FC1 base, and I
haven't done a serious test of how solid their spin of that might be.

Just a super satisfied customer...

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)