[WBEL-users] Problems with Package Management program

Karl-König Königsson karl-konig.q.konigsson@posten.se
Wed, 05 May 2004 07:55:16 +0200

Hi,

I have just made a fresh install of WBEL and then updated it with the
latest packages. I then wanted to add a few things and thought I should
use the "Add/Remove Programs" utility.

So, I open the program and select that I want to add "GNOME developent"
and click Update and this is where the troubles start: I get this
dialogue that complains about missing packages! It lists "netpbm" once
and "XFree86-libs" three times, all dependant of packages installed.

I then do a quick "rpm -qa | grep netpbm" and find that the package is
indeed installed, as is XFree86-libs. Furthermore all versions are
correct, i.e., all XFree86 packages are of the "4.3.0" variety and with
the "55.EL" extension, XFree86-libs included.

I have tried a "rpm --rebuilddb" but to no avail. Now, I realise that I
don't have to be lazy and can add the packages I need by hand (which I
did) but I'd rather have a consistent system, if you see what I mean.

Any ideas what I should do?

Cheers!

	Karl-Koenig Koenigsson

--