[WBEL-users] UP2Date Problems

Kirby Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Thu, 6 May 2004 17:02:19 -0500

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 04:50:27PM -0500, Scott Heisler wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I had a major stupid moment here and I do apologize to everyone.  The box I
> was having the up2date problems with was a RH 8.0 box.  I swore it was WBEL
> but it is not.  That also explains why there's no YUM and why Up2date
> doesn't work anymore.  How would I get YUM on that RH 8.0 box so I can get
> updates?

Something along the lines of:

rpmbuild -ba yum*.src.rpm
rpm -Uhv yum.*.rpm

Alternatively, you can use the one off of freshrpms.net.

http://psyche.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=1117

That's what I'd use.  I trust that guy, I've used a lot of his
packages before and had great luck.  He's got all kinds of good
stuff that RedHat doesn't ship for various reasons.

He might set himself up as a repository by default.  I've never
installed yum on an older RH with his packages.  Good luck.

	Thanks,
		Kirby