[WBEL-users] Cyrus-IMAP on Whitebox

Eric B. ebenze@hotmail.com
Sat, 8 May 2004 18:32:50 -0400

"Edward Rudd" <eddie@omegaware.com> wrote in message
news:1082412327.13707.97.camel@urkle.vernon.hills...
> > Anyone using Cyrus-IMAP on whitebox ?
> > If so any clue as to how to do it very welcome
> >
> Download Simon Matter's RPMS from
> http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/
>
> I'd suggest upgrading cyrus-sasl as well. But make sure you download the
> RH9 source rpm (src.rpm) for cyrus-sasl, as WBEL/RHEL3 is closest to RH9
> in terms of core Berkeley DB.
> You will need to recompile his RPMS as he provides no binaries.
> Make sure you have the db4-devel package installed as well as the core
> building utilities (gcc, make, autoconf, automake, glibc-devel). And you
> will need rh-postgresql-devel and mysql-devel packages if you are going
> to compile the new Cyrus SASL.
>
> rpmbuild --rebuild cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-2.src.rpm
> and
> rpmbuild --rebuild cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8.src.rpm

I looked at Simon Matter's site and was only able to find
cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-1.src.rpm.  When I tried to rebuild it, it complained that
I didn't have the db3-devel pkg installed.  Shouldn't it be looking for the
db4-devel package instead (which is installed)?  Am I using the wrong pkg?
I found a copy of cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-2.src.rpm on rpm.rbone.net
(http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/3/srodzaj/2/search/cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-2
.src.rpm) but they only had for Fedora.

Is there somewhere else I can find the pkg for RH9, or does it not matter?

When I try to rebuild the srpm from the pbone site (FC1), I get the
following error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgssapi_krb5

I checked my /usr/kerberos/lib directory and I have a libgssapi_krb5.a and a
.so there, but the compiler isn't detecting it (the automated system only
specified the -L/lib directory).  For some reason the script isn't picking
up the kerberos directory.  So I created manual symlinks in the /lib
directory to the /usr/kerberos/libgssapi files.

But now, when it gets to the final stages of the rpm packaging, i get the
following build errors:
RPM build errors:
    File not found by glob: /var/tmp/cyrus-sasl-root/usr/lib/sasl/*gssapi*.a
    File not found by glob:
/var/tmp/cyrus-sasl-root/usr/lib/sasl/*gssapi*.so*
    File not found by glob:
/var/tmp/cyrus-sasl-root/usr/lib/sasl/*gssapi*.la
    File not found by glob:
/var/tmp/cyrus-sasl-root/usr/lib/sasl2/*gssapi*.so*
    File not found by glob:
/var/tmp/cyrus-sasl-root/usr/lib/sasl2/*gssapi*.la

Sure enough, the files aren't there.  I'm starting to run out of ideas and
patience here to get this darn rpm built!  Is the precompiled binary rpm not
available anywhere?  If not, can someone help guide me to successfully
building this rpm?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Eric