[WBEL-users] A MSIE 6 Oddity

Kirby Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Wed, 12 May 2004 17:18:27 -0500

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 02:47:09PM -0400, John Hinton wrote:
> Well, moving from RH 7.2 to WBEL... my first time with Apache 2..
>
> We've found a very interesting 'feature' which does not happen on our
> old 1.3 server with the same file.

> at those locations in the latest release of MSIE. Anybody know anything
> about this? I couldn't seem to google to the bottom of it. Offhand, the
> only module that I could point a finger at is the mod_deflate.. but I
> have no idea? Of course I don't have the latest MSIE on my machine (who
> uses MSIE?). And those page are now fixed.

	If you have access to both of them, or you an get someone to
initiate it, try setting up a 1.3 and a 2.0 server.  Setup
tethereal/tcpdump and watch the HTTP traffic.

	I'm guessing some type of header, or translation is going on.
If IE acts differently, with no appreicable difference in the tags,
I'd say something odd is going on.  If you posted the differences,
or sent them to me, I could make an educated guess.

	If you think it's mod deflate, you might try disabling that and
trying again so you can see the traffic raw.

	Thanks,
		Kirby