[WBEL-users] a hint about kernel building, CONFIG_XFRM game & FAQ suggestion

Kenneth Kron kron@aikido.com
Wed, 12 May 2004 16:00:53 -0700

Since I've spent several hours trying to figure this one out I thought I
might as well post that the reason WBEL doesn't offer an upgrade is
because RH doesn't.  That's got to be an FAQ soon!

Also I've been trying to build the 2.4.21-4 kernel and have had no
luck.  Then I saw someone post that you have to build it once with
CONFIG_XFRM=y this will result in linker failures, then edit the .config
file and comment out CONFIG_FRM do a make dep and then make and this
will link properly.  Clearly there are some dependecy problems with XFRM
(heck I can't even find XFRM in the config menus).  BTW I started from
the configs/kernel-2.4.21-i386.config even though I have an athlon
processor because since I didn't know about the XFRM problem the
kernel-2.4.21-athlon did not build.  I also turned off alot of other
things that had troulbe compiling but this one compiles and installs of
course for some reason the kernel says HPFS is not supported even though
I have it turned on but there's always something isn't there....

kk