[WBEL-users] amd64 bit version

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Fri, 14 May 2004 21:53:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 14 May 2004, jwinger wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas when this might be out? I have a few of these
> servers around and would be willing to test or whatever is necessary to
> help out.

There is a contributed set of ISO images in the /contrib directory of the
WB mirrors.  Other than being unsigned packages and no errata, they work
fine.  It is what I am using as a base to build an 'official' set of
images from.

As of today I finally can get all of the x86_64 packages to build, will be
running one more test to ensure I can get them to all build at the same
time, from the same chroot environment.  This is important so that I can
document it for others to be able to rebuild from scratch.  I didn't
properly document the initial 3.0/i386 build but promised I'd do a proper
job this time around.

Can't really see a point in releasing a 3.0/x86_64 version at this late
stage, so what I hope to do is release the 3.1 respin of i386 and x86_64
with the same packages at the same time.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!