[WBEL-users] Mirrors out of sync

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 19 May 2004 19:28:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Milan [iso-8859-2] Ker¹lįger wrote:

> This is due to the release of Fedora Core 2 and the slowness of the main
> WBEL mirror. It should hopefully be done syncing in the next few hours.

Oh yes, totally forget they are probably being butchered by people like me
who gave up on Bittorrent and reverted to ftp to get FC2 at a reasonable
speed.

btw, Got 60KB/sec out of GATech's ftp mirror vs less than 20KB/sec on BT.
Started the ftp hours after starting BT, left BT running just to test.
Ftp finished sometime last nite and BT was at 42% this afternoon when I
checked on it and finally killed it off.  BT is vastly overrated for
really big events, even though it let us push out a boatload of WB images
over a narrow pipe. (All this was on my 3.0Mb down/384Kb up DSL line, not
the horribly overloaded library circuit.)

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!