[WBEL-users] Mirrors out of sync

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Wed, 19 May 2004 18:10:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 19 May 2004, John Morris wrote:

> checked on it and finally killed it off.  BT is vastly overrated for
> really big events, even though it let us push out a boatload of WB images
> over a narrow pipe. (All this was on my 3.0Mb down/384Kb up DSL line, not
> the horribly overloaded library circuit.)

Back when I grabbed Whitebox via BT several weeks ago, I got 150KB/s,
which was the limit of my DSL.

I find BT works extremely well for large software distribution. The more
people the better. If there is no one but the original seed available,
well, no worse than downloading from them directly. Of course, if they're
really slow, that might be worse than a mirror (who doesn't participate in
the torrent).

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>