[WBEL-users] Finding Up2Date info on the site

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 10:11:18 -0400

I would like to suggest a VERY prominent postioning on the Home page, a
link to Up2date Info. I found myself hitting all but one wrong button
finding the up2date info. I've been on the list since way early on, but
somehow during the delete process, primarily with subject lines about
up2date (they are frequent and repeated), I missed this tidbit of data
about setting my system to look to another mirror such as NCSU for
updates. I sort of knew it.. but was fearful to change at the same time
due to the possibility that they didn't have all of or any of the latest
files.

So, maybe the updates should not be announced until you can verify they
have made it to the mirrors and then the bandwidth issues there can be
reduced... a self feeding problem as Whitebox becomes more known and
accepted.

My apologies for using the library for my updates, but I've had my hands
full with this major change to my OS (RH 7.2 to WBEL) and have little
time for anything else beyond getting all my accounts moved and doing
all the custom settings for each of those accounts. Yes, I'm guilty...
but will make the change now.

Best,
John Hinton