[WBEL-users] Finding Up2Date info on the site

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 13:37:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 20 May 2004, John Hinton wrote:

> I would like to suggest a VERY prominent postioning on the Home page, a
> link to Up2date Info. I found myself hitting all but one wrong button

I agree.

> So, maybe the updates should not be announced until you can verify they
> have made it to the mirrors and then the bandwidth issues there can be
> reduced... a self feeding problem as Whitebox becomes more known and
> accepted.

I think perhaps it'd be best if whiteboxlinux's servers were simply closed
off to everyone except registered mirrors. It's a total waste giving
updates to a few dozen people directly, if it's preventing distribution to
mirrors which would allow distribution to thousands.

John, can we see something done about this? I don't think it's healthy for
the situation to just fester like this.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>