[WBEL-users] whitebox: the pros and cons of hitchiking

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Thu, 20 May 2004 20:11:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Mario Gamito wrote:

> About the other issue, of course as a CTO of my company, it worries me
> that whitebox is a one man show. Someday, he may wake in a bad mood or
> get an excelent job and put an end to whitebox.
> And if that day comes i'll be in troubles in my job :)

Shouldn't be a problem.  Even if I get hit by a bus it shouldn't take too
long for the userbase to self organize a new source of errata.  Plus, as
I'm working on this respin I'm making better notes.  Combined with the
upcoming ability to do everything inside a chroot means almost anyone will
be able spin a package.

Whitebox is a nice idea, but the idea of every organization of any size
eventually being able to roll their own customized internal distro based
off of it is even more interesting.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!