[WBEL-users] A newby question on Yum

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Fri, 21 May 2004 12:13:34 -0400 (EDT)

Jesús García González said:
> Hello,
>
> I had my yum.conf configured so that the baseurl in [base] was the same as
> in [updates-released]
[snip]
> This appeared to work fine. But lately I've been seeing in the list that
> this is not done so.

Since they both point at the original files, you would never get any
updated RPMs.

> So, I changed it to how -I understood- it is supposed to be:
[snip]

Looks good.

> And now yum update (which was supposedly to be up to date)

But you weren't looking at the updated RPMs :-)

> has started to
> download hundreds of headers (even for rpm's) I haven't even installed...

All the headers need to be downloaded so that yum knows what is available.

> Is this ok or I just did something wrong?

Yes.  You will probably have a number of packages that need updated.

--
William Hooper