[WBEL-users] A newby question on Yum

Jesús García González jesus@ceinpet.cupet.cu
Fri, 21 May 2004 11:56:05 -0400

Hello,

I had my yum.conf configured so that the baseurl in [base] was the same as
in [updates-released]

[base]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/3.0/en/updates/

[updates-released]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/3.0/en/updates/

This appeared to work fine. But lately I've been seeing in the list that
this is not done so.
So, I changed it to how -I understood- it is supposed to be:

[base]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/3.0/en/os/i386/

[updates-released]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/3.0/en/updates/

And now yum update (which was supposedly to be up to date) has started to
download hundreds of headers (even for rpm's) I haven't even installed...

Is this ok or I just did something wrong?

Please help,

*Aviso Legal:

Esta información es propiedad exclusiva del Centro de Investigaciones del Petróleo (Ceinpet) perteneciente a la Unión Cubapetróleo (Cupet). La distribución o copia de este mensaje está estrictamente prohibida para personas no autorizadas. Si usted recibe este mensaje por equivocación, por favor bórrelo y envíe un mensaje a seguridad@ceinpet.cupet.cu

*Legal Warning:

This information is exclusive property of the Petroleum Research Center (Ceinpet) which belongs to Cubapetróleo Union (Cupet). The distribution or copy of this message to non authorized personnel is strictly forbidden. If by any mistake you receive this message, please delete it and send a message to seguridad@ceinpet.cupet.cu