[WBEL-users] Guides and downloads

Mon, 31 May 2004 04:48:15 -0500

--=-Qmt49TQMBDo2qfav0v9Q

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 23:31, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> I have started a website that has some guides and add-on downloads for
> WBEL and CentOS.  It's not anything real special ... but it might help
> some people in some cases.  Here are currently guides on how to
> install the following for WBEL/CentOS:
>
> 1.  PostFix + MailScanner + SpamAssassin + ClamAV +SquirrelMail
> 2.  LAMP server on WBEL/CentOS via included components.
> 3.  How-To Build SRPMS.
>
> There are also the following RPMs available that can be installed on
> WBEL/CentOS:
>
> 1.  ClamAV (required for the mail server guide)
> 2.  WebMin
> 3.  TripWire
>
> There are several people who use WBEL that answer questions on
> http://www.linuxhelp.ca as well.
>
> I'm not trying to SPAM the group, just trying to help.  (Actually, the
> earlier question about tripwire got me thinking that I should
> consolidate the items that I had already done and see what I could put
> together in a couple days).
>
> I do have decent bandwidth (4mb down, 768 up), not enough to host a
> full fledged mirror ... but I would be willing to publish some
> downloads of add-on RPMS that others have created (or if you e-mail me
> where to get the source RPM, I'll build it myself).
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes

Oops ... the site is:

http://hughesjr.com

- Johnny Hughes

--=-Qmt49TQMBDo2qfav0v9Q

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 23:31, Johnny Hughes wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
    <FONT COLOR="#737373"><I>I have started a website that has some guides and add-on downloads for WBEL and CentOS.&nbsp; It's not anything real special ... but it might help some people in some cases.&nbsp; Here are currently guides on how to install the following for WBEL/CentOS:<BR>
    <BR>
    1.&nbsp; PostFix + MailScanner + SpamAssassin + ClamAV +SquirrelMail<BR>
    2.&nbsp; LAMP server on WBEL/CentOS via included components.<BR>
    3.&nbsp; How-To Build SRPMS.<BR>
    <BR>
    There are also the following RPMs available that can be installed on WBEL/CentOS:<BR>
    <BR>
    1.&nbsp; ClamAV (required for the mail server guide)<BR>
    2.&nbsp; WebMin<BR>
    3.&nbsp; TripWire<BR>
    <BR>
    There are several people who use WBEL that answer questions on </FONT><A HREF="http://www.linuxhelp.ca"><U>http://www.linuxhelp.ca</U></A><FONT COLOR="#737373"> as well.<BR>
    <BR>
    I'm not trying to SPAM the group, just trying to help.&nbsp; (Actually, the earlier question about tripwire got me thinking that I should consolidate the items that I had already done and see what I could put together in a couple days).<BR>
    <BR>
    I do have decent bandwidth (4mb down, 768 up), not enough to host a full fledged mirror ... but I would be willing to publish some downloads of add-on RPMS that others have created (or if you e-mail me where to get the source RPM, I'll build it myself).<BR>
    <BR>
    Thanks,<BR>
    Johnny Hughes</I></FONT>
</BLOCKQUOTE>