[WBEL-users] Evolution 2.0

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 06:26:27 -0600

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 23:00 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 02:49 +0000, offline.2800382@bloglines.com wrote:
> > Is there a yum repository anywhere that is A) faster than the current molasses-in-januray
> > defaults, and B) has evolution-2.0.2 in it somewhere?
>
> I don't have a yum repository .. and I don't have evolution 2.0.2
> compiled (yet).
>
> I am looking at evolution 2.0.2 right now ... and it requires upgrades
> to several GNOME components (to at least version 2.4) as well as mozilla
> 1.7.3 to compile.
>
> I will work on compiling evolution 2.0.2-3 and see how it goes ... but I
> think a full upgrade to GNOME 2.4 may be required.  That would be a very
> significant change for WBEL that is probably not practical.

Having played with this further, there are several GNOME components that
need to be at least 2.4 level, a couple others that need to be GNOME 2.6
level and a couple others that need to be GNOME 2.8 level.

Installing GNOME 2.8 on WBEL 3 is not practical ... you would have to
basically upgrade it to Fedora Core 3 ... so you might as well install
Fedora Core 3.

I'll continue to play with it and see if I can get a hodge-podge of only
the GNOME components required to install Evolution-2.0.2 to build and
run together, but I don't think it will work.  I've been wrong before
though :)

Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>