Cheshire PHP problem - was Re: [WBEL-users] What your choice of Linux distribution says about you

bishop bishop@platypus.bc.ca
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 15:15:18 -0800

Jason,

That sounds like an odd problem for sure.  Have you a procedure or
method of duplicating the state this box was in before you reinstalled
all that?  I'm wondering if a %post was setting something based on the
existence of something else - a no no - that wandered away afterward.

Dare I hope that everything was installed from RPMs?

I'm thinking that I may be able to replicate this setup, with your help
becuase I have never used PHPNuke, and find out the cause of this.  The
goal, of course, would be to remove what seems to be a problem based on
the order in which things were installed.

The order in which things install shouldn't ever be a factor, and your
situation leaves me perplexed for sure.

NB:  In the days when all my servers were similar, I used virtual RPMs
to devise profiles that were then installed by a single Apt invocation.
  The same can perhaps be done with Yum, and can make your task of
bringing new servers online that much easier.  You may want to look into
it all.

  - bish