[WBEL-users] Creating ISO images from CDs

Chris Audley chris.audley@beacon-cs.com
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:06:41 -0500

You can use dd to make a copy of your ISO images off of the CD's.

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=image.iso

When you are done, verify the md5sum against the checksums posted on the
whitebox site to make sure you got a good copy.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org
[mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org] On Behalf Of Alfred von Campe
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 12:35 PM
To: whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: [WBEL-users] Creating ISO images from CDs

This is not strictly a WBEL question, but I accidentally deleted my WBEL
ISO images.  I do have the 3 CDs, and would like to recreate the ISO
images from the CDs so I don't have to re-download them.  What's the
best/easiest way to do this?  If I use mkisofs, will it do the right
thing and make CD1 bootable, and if so, what options to mkisofs should I
use?

Thanks in advance for any information,
Alfred