[WBEL-users] SSH as an FTP server

Jean Lee jean.lee@free.fr
Sat, 06 Nov 2004 13:33:54 +0100

Hello all,

I am using sshd as an FTP server but I have a problem :

I want to give a per user connection. For example when 'client1' is
connected, he can see only it's root directory (/usr/FTP/client1) and
when 'client2' is connected, he can see only the directory
/usr/FTP/client2. Each client can't see (like with an FTP server) any
other directory.
I can give restricted permissions but what I really want is to chroot
'client1' to /usr/FTP/client1 and chroot 'client2' to /usr/FTP/client2.

Is there a way to do it ? I searched in the manual and on the openssh
website and didn't find.

Thanks for any help,

Jean