[WBEL-users] vsftpd is ftpd! but how to connect?

Greg Knaddison Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison@gmail.com>
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:30:26 +0000

When vsftpd starts, by default it checks for the config file in
/etc/vsftpd.conf - not in /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf  So, the file you
are editing in the vsftpd subdirectory is not actually being used -
unless you have made a special argument in your command line to take
care of that..  I spent a lot of time working on my
/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf and pounding the keyboard until I read the man
page and saw this:

>From man vsftpd.conf:

"By default, vsftpd looks for this file at the location
/etc/vsftpd.conf. However, you may override this by specifying a
command line argument to vsftpd. "

Then everything was happy ;)

Greg