[WBEL-users] How to uninstall an rpm package which has dependencies?

Jim Wildman Jim Wildman <jim@rossberry.com>
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 06:28:12 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Jean Lee wrote:

> And using nodeps won't create any problem with netdump after
> reinstalling Openssh (or do I have to be careful with some shared
> libraries)?

On the contrary, it could cause lots of very difficult to diagnose
problems.  Either
1) Compile the newer ssh into an rpm and install it
2) Compile the newer ssh using the correct flags to drop everything into
/usr/local and run it from there.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim@rossberry.com http://www.rossberry.com
Thomas Paine