[WBEL-users] Install on AMD64, no network connectivity

Seth Bardash seth@integratedsolutions.org
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:03:59 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org
[mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org] On Behalf Of Doug Eubanks
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 5:05 PM
To: whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: [WBEL-users] Install on AMD64, no network connectivity

I have just installed WHEL3 on an AMD64 3400+, and I am having a
dickens of a problem getting the network up and going...

I have tried the built in Realtek 8169, a Realtek 8139 and two
3Com cards....

I can't get the built in NIC to detect, no biggie....all of the
PCI network cards I tried have the same effect....the card is
dectected without errors, the link light comes on....but I can't
ping anything except the local IP of the NIC.  I have tried
different cables and two different ports on the switch.  I am a
Network Engineer so I have tried all of the basic troubleshooting.
Can someone point me in the right direction, I can't help but feel
it has something to do with either the WBEL3 AMD64 build or a
related caveat...

Thanks,
Doug Eubanks
admin@dougware.net

What Motherboard are you using and what is the chipset listed in
its manual?

Seth Bardash

Integrated Solutions and Systems
http://www.integratedsolutions.org

Supplier of AMD, Intel and SPARC Servers and Systems running
Windows, Linux, Solaris and VxWorks.

*Failure can not cope with perseverance*

---