[WBEL-users] Head Less

Casper Pedersen cpedersen@c-note.dk
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:05:57 +0100

Kirby C. Bohling wrote:

>You can do it one of 4 ways:
>
>1.  Setup a VNC GUI via a boot disk (never done this personally).
>
>2.  Setup a Serial port install (never done this personally).
>
>3.  Create a WBEL 3.0 install CD that points to a kickstart file by
>default.
>
>4.  Use netbooting to do the install.

Use the following script to create a boot.iso:

mkisofs -V "<VolumeName>" -o <filename>.iso -b isolinux.bin
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size
 4 -boot-info-table isolinux/

I have a directory structure like:

<root>
 build.sh (above)
/isolinux

Copy the contents from <cd>/isolinux to ./isolinux, and modify
isolinux.cfg - as you will see is that it looks very much like lilo.conf
- you should probably just a an entry (as the first), when then will
contain what ever you want to add as a kernel parameter.

For netinstall copy all the CD's to a directory, and make sure that the
directory is exported with NFS or FTP or HTTP.

This is how I install all my PC's - flipping CD's is way to much work:-)

Regards/Casper