[WBEL-users] Enterprise Managment Suggestions

Dan Geist Dan.Geist@cox.com
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:58:40 -0500

Tony, That sounds like a perfectly good topic! I wish more people would
talk about management tools in the open-source community, but that's not
to say there's not lots of stuff out there.

The question arises... what exactly are your goals? Also, what types of
machines are you managing?

I worked at a place that had a RH Linux developer core with windows
bus-dev folks. A few cleverly-crafted small scripts were all that was
needed to maintain the developers hosts (nightly updates, etc).

I have some WBEL hosts currently that utilize central authentication
sources using PAM_TACPLUS (so they can share user resources with routers
and switches, etc..).

So... what are you trying to do, exactly?

Dan

--
Dan Geist | dan.geist@cox.com | (404)269-6822
Network Security Engineer | Telephony/Data Eng | Cox Communications