[WBEL-users] WBEL install screenshot

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:37:48 -0600

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 04:37:16PM -0600, Daniel Bahena wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any way of getting a screenshot of WBEL while it's install
> process? I don't get anything of any screen if I press Print Screen key
> as in Fedora Core ...
>
> Any one in here has the entire process in screenshots or any url? I have
> to put those screenshots in a manual.
>
> Somebody?
>
> Thanks for your help, best wishes.

	I thought there was a way to do it.

	I'll point out that you can do a VNC install (never done one,
but I remember it being a neato feature I wanted to try when I read
about it), and there you should be able to capture screen shots some
how.

A quick google search reveals this:
http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=6540&limit=no

Someone mentions that Ctl-PrintScreen works (no one refutes it that
I can see).  I don't know if that works or not, just showed up in
the first couple of searches I did.  I'm not sure if you tried it or
not based on saying you tried "PrintScreen".

	Finally, you can run the installer on a fully operational
machine (I've done it, it's a pain, I can figure it out again if you
want help).  So if you can run capture a screenshot of X directly,
you should be able to do that by just running the installer and
doing screen shots.  [Note, I've never made a screenshot in my life
so take all this with a grain of salt, my primary point here is that
the installer can be run from a fully operational machine w/ a
complete complement of tools].

	More digging has turned this up:

$ rpm -q -l anaconda-9.1.2-2.RHEL.WB2  | xargs grep screenshot

The most interesting of those is: /usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py

Searching around, you'll find this bit of code:

def handleShiftPrintScrnRelease (window, event):
    if (event.keyval == gtk.keysyms.Print and event.state & gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK):
    takeScreenShot()

That sure looks like you should be able to press "Shift PrintScreen"
and get a screen shot.

	Thanks,
		Kirby

	Thanks,