[WBEL-users] WhiteBox and SATA

Vic whitebox@beer.org.uk
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:30:55 -0000 (GMT)

Hi All.

Sorry if I'm hashing over old ground here - I've not finished reading
through the archies yet (any chance of a search option there?).

I'm specifying a server at the moment, and I'd like to run WB on it (I've
had a WB machine for a number of months now, and it's rather good, isn't
it?). But I've run out of IDE ports, and I'm toying with the idea of using
the SATA ports on the MoBo.

At this point, I get rather nervous - I've not yet owned a SATA drive,
I've only ever seen one, and that had *loads* of problems[1]. Now from
what I've read, the chipset I'm planning on using (SiS 964) is supported
by libata, so I might be in luck...

So - anyone tried anything like this? Any advice, other than RTFM/RTFA/STFW?

Ta!

Vic.

[1] That'll teach him to use Windoze ;-)