[WBEL-users] Rsync Updates Organizing

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi@telus.net
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:45:26 -0700

Hi Folks,

	I think that the maintainers want to have a release similar to RedHat's EL. But
the thing is that users - like ourselves - who are using WBEL to drive Sun
Ray's, we have to have software that some end users - even though they are
sysadmins - would like. Like having a recent version of rdesktop, gaim, as these
are, not surprisingly, useful tools for us to use as part of our work.

	Might I suggest that we get a central server where people who have rolled
update rpm's for various software (like XFce for instance) for WBEL can place,
users test, if its ninja solid, we push them out to mirrors, so have a testing,
stable, unstable sort of directory structure. People can mirror stable or all three.

	Its just a matter of co-ordination and someone saying I will do this and the
rest say okay ABC do it we will pull the stuff off your system and mirror it and
make it available for others. What say others ?

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--
Aly Dharshi