[WBEL-users] I don't want a community

Bob Ramstad rramstad@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:09:52 -0800

Why not do these updates and put them on a separate system?

People who want to use them can, and people who don't, don't.

yum is very powerful, and I definitely feel that those of us who want
to run pure WBEL with every package built and test by beau.org folks
should be accomodated.

By the way, downloading and building the RPMs from source is really
pretty much trivial.  The issue is in testing, and myself, I don't
want to be overwhelmed with updates.  I would rather have periodic
releases -- a few times a year -- of a set of RPM updates all at once
which have been carefully tested, as opposed to having many updates of
single RPMs on an ad hoc basis throughout the year.

I guess what I'm driving at is that I like the status quo.  More
frequent updates, created by a wider range of people, is exactly what
I do NOT want.

-- Bob