[WBEL-users] Updates go away?

Benjamin J. Weiss Benjamin J. Weiss" <benjamin@birdvet.org
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:16:54 -0600 (CST)

> 	I've been bothered enough by this that I've been looking for
> WhiteBox alternatives, but unfortantely none of the alternatives
> make me happy enough to warrent a change (CentOS, TaoLinux, and
> Lineox all made my research list).  E-mail me off list if you want
> to know my objections to each project.  If you know of another
> alternative, e-mail me, again in private.  I'm not hear to say bad
> things about any of the RHEL rebuilds.  I just want to find one I am
> comfortable running at work.  WBEL has been slowly slipping away
> from that status.  I'll probably continue to run it at home, if only
> because I really like the helpful nature of this list.

I'd be interested in hearing what issues you've got with CentOS.  I've
gotten fed up enough that I've loaded it once at work and once at home,
and it seems to work fine for me.  The mailing list is low-volume, but I
figure that Whitebox looks like it's about to lose a bunch of folks, and
they've gotta go somewhere.  With CentOS being #2, and with all of their
mirrors, etc., they look to be able to pick up the slack.

I'm interested in your $0.02 US. :)

Ben