[WBEL-users] Subversion installation woes

Matt Dainty matt@xrefer.com
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:05:39 +0000

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 02:36, whiteboxlinux.org@dusanv.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install subersion on WB3. I have seen the binary rpms on the
> subversion site (well they are for RH EL 3) and am not sure whether they'll
> stomp over something on my box (db42 rpm and all):
>
> <http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/subversion/latest/whitebox-el-3/bin/>
>
> The other option is FC3 but it seems that's would be harder since I'll have
> to update half of the system. What did you people do?

I installed the ones found here:

http://people.redhat.com/jorton/Taroon-svn/

...which are designed to work *with* the existing packages rather than
replace them.

Yes, those other ones will replace certain RHEL/WBEL packages, which
unless your box is *solely* for Subversion, you'll probably find RPM
dependency clashes with other packages.

Plus these are available as a Yum repository.

Matt