[WBEL-users] SATA + RAID 1 + Samba PDC + Suitability

Jon Hill jon@foneport.com
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:47:42 +0000

Andrew

I originally setup the machine 6 months ago and then I chose Fedora Core 2
because it supported the Promise controller. Normally I would have chosen a
less cutting edge distro for the purpose. The PDC worked well, but I have had
a disk failure and had problems with the boot loader and the way I had
configured the RAID setup. So, I am now considering WBEL, if it can handle
the hardware.

I can probably offer help on the PDC setup. I only had requirements for
Windows XP clients so I have no experience of trying to get it to work with
more than one type of Windows setup.

Jon