[WBEL-users] Oracle 10g ?

Sam Hillaire samhillaire@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:33:13 -0700 (PDT)

If you have access to Oracle Metalink, I would also suggest Note #252217.1 for Oracle9i, other
articles depending on RAC or not, otherwise I would suggest www.puschitz.com.

Both types of installations, 9i or 10g, must have the OS prepped before installation.  Granted the
10g Oracle Universal Installer will check out your system before attempting to install, whereas
the 9i Installer assumes everything is in the right place at installation time.

An additional note, if you are attempting to install Oracle9i on Linux, make sure you download (or
have) the installation diskset for Oracle9i Release 2 Patchset 3 (9.2.0.4) from Oracle's TechNet
section.  Previous installers on Linux were not as reliable.  Oracle9i Release 2 Patchset 3 is
about the stablest across all of the environments I used it in, Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
Patchset 4 (9.2.0.5) has got some bugs in it on several platforms that will be fixed in Patchset 5
(9.2.0.6).

Sam Hillaire
samhillaire@yahoo.com

Masquerading as an Oracle Database Administrator