[WBEL-users] WBEL Repositories

Conor Wynne weeboy@conorwynne.com
Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:28:28 +0100

> > Dag Wieers ( http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php ) has a yum
> > repository with many programs for RHEL/WBEL/CentOS/TaoLinux/Lineox.

Hi all,

(Two issues here)

I have been looking, in vain, for several packages including "snort" via
dag (yum or up2date).

So far nothing! I do _not_ want to install _any_ rpm that is not
updateable via yum or up2date.

Can anyone point me to a repository on the interweb which supports
whitebox?

So far I have the following listed, and none of them work:

yum jpackage15-rhes-3
ftp://mirrors.sunsite.dk/mirrors/jpackage/1.5/redhat-es-3/free/

yum RH9-ATrpms
http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/redhat/9/en/$ARCH/at-stable

yum Dag http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el3/en/$ARCH/dag

yum WBEL3 http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/os/$ARCH
yum WBEL3-Updates http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/updates
yum WBEL3-Extras http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/extras

yum-mirror WBEL3 http://whiteboxlinux.org/up2date-mirrors/wbel3-base
yum-mirror WBEL3-Updates
http://whiteboxlinux.org/up2date-mirrors/wbel3-updates
yum-mirror WBEL3-Extras
http://whiteboxlinux.org/up2date-mirrors/wbel3-extras

Also, I tried installing the 2.6 kernel via:
apt arjan-2.6-kernel-i386 http://people.redhat.com ~arjanv/2.5/ kernel

And it borks with an issue over my LVM config. Ideas anyone?
I'm not too worried about the kernel 2.6 one, but I would really like to
know where I can get my hands on "snort" et al.

--
Conor Wynne
Dublin