WBEL Repository like Freshrpms -- was Re: [WBEL-users] nvidia nforce boards and integrated NIC

Raimo Koski rk@raimokoski.com
Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:32:50 +0300

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 09:06 -0500, iron monkey wrote:
>
>>This type of thing made me think about the idea of creating a
>>respository of WBEL rpms/srpms that would be outside the main
>>distribution just like freshrpms...  Or, maybe consider working with
>>the freshrpm people to see if they'd add WBEL to the list of rpms that
>>they track...
>>
>>I understand the purpose of maintaining the core of WBEL to be direct
>>builds off of RHEL SRPMs, but would it be worth while to have
>>something like freshrpms for WBEL?
>>
>>Maybe it's not really required because the RPMs from freshrpms would
>>probably work so there may not be any issues.
>>
>>It's just a thought, would it even be worth it?
>>
>>Probably posting to the wrong list?
>>
>>Mark
>>

> Dag Wieers ( http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php ) has a yum
> repository with many programs for RHEL/WBEL/CentOS/TaoLinux/Lineox.

I think Dag has also apt-get support. The main reason Lineox primarily
supports apt-get is synaptic and lack of similar graphical font-end for yum.
Scientific Linux https://www.scientificlinux.org/ has some extra
packages not in RHEL. They also have apt-get support and were the third
to release Update 3 respin (Lineox will release U3 as free download the
7th because it is then already one month old).

--
Raimo Koski  http://www.lineox.com/  http://www.raimokoski.com/