[WBEL-users] Easy to kickstart

Christian Huegel christian.huegel@fedoraforum.de
Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:49:52 +0200

Dave Nuttall wrote:
> Yes, thanks for pointing out the security caveat.  I read it before I
> started and can easily make it safe enough for my purposes.  What I'm REALLY
> interested in learning is the "how-to" that is embedded in the XAMPP distro.

If this is fine for you ok. BTW. a member from the fedoraforum.de wrote
a howto how to easy switch between php4 und php5, he also wrote a
script. I will ask him if he is so kind to translate it (or maybe i
do);it could be really interesting.

> Trying to compile/update for testing FUTURE versions has been a big time
> consumer for me.  The apps that we're working on do not need MySQL 4.x at
> the moment, but they will soon and my view is "get there as soon as
> possible".   If you happen to read the Whitebox forums, you may find a post
> I made yesterday asking if anyone can point to a "dependencies" map.  I've
> been able to compile Apache 2.0.x on WBEL and also recompiled MySQL 4.0.20
> from source, but when I install them and then try to add PHP 4 it gets all
> messed up with pspell and I've yet to find a SPEC file for PHP5.

Take a look at this discussion on the list (if you havenīt read it already)
http://beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-users/2004-March/thread.html#730

Best regards from Munich,

Christian