[WBEL-users] Problem installing on AMD64

Raimo Koski rk@raimokoski.com
Wed, 06 Oct 2004 02:23:19 +0300

Robert E. Blair wrote:
> I've encountered a couple of problems installing respin 1 on an
> AMD64.  I, of course, stumbled over the bad boot disk, but got over
> it fairly quickly.  Alas, while the system "sort of" boots - meaning
> it asks for "what I want to do" it freezes solid as soon as it echoes
> a line referring to: "IA32 emulation....".

At boot prompt enter "linux noapic noacpi", noacpi might not be needed.

Is there a boot parameter to turn of IA32 emulation? On x86_64 it is not
needed and I would rather have apic support.

--
Raimo Koski  http://www.lineox.com/  http://www.raimokoski.com/