[WBEL-users] Fwd: Respin 1 = RHEL-QU?

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:23:19 -0500

C Lance Moxley wrote:

>The reason I'm asking this is because I want to install WBEL on an IBM
>eserver with an Adaptec raid adapter. They give you drivers to use
>during the install and on a live system. The drivers are for RHEL3,
>RHEL3 Update 1, or RHEL3 Update 2.
>
>I'm just trying to get as much info before I start so I don't have to
>go through a bunch of trial and error. Knowing up front what WBEL
>Respin1 is equivalent to, and if that equivalence changes with all
>available updates would help a lot.
>
>Thanks for any help.

To answer your original question, WBEL with all currently available yum
updates is -almost- RHEL update 3.  The kernel (which is what most of
the drivers rely on) is update 3, but not all packages have been
released.  If you install "respin 1" (with no updates), you've got
update 2.  Is that the info you need?

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	danieljs@knology.net <mailto:danieljs@knology.net>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++