[WBEL-users] Root login: Access Denied

Kuervers.SJ@forces.gc.ca Kuervers.SJ@forces.gc.ca
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:01:03 -0400

It could be something as simple as trying to access the wrong machine.

Are you positive of the DNS lookup and IP Address?  The Access Denied might
be because you are trying (for example) to SSH into a Windows server due to
incorrect IP.

Another possibility is a firewall between you and the server.  Is it
possible that a firewall is blocking the SSH traffic to the server?

A final possibility:  Is the SSHD service running.  Perhaps it is not set to
start up on boot?

Hope this helps.

Steve Kuervers
Systems Engineer
Land Force Western Area
Area Simulation Centre (Edmonton)
Department of National Defence (Calian Contractor)
(780) 973-4011 Ext 5831
(780) 973-1557 Fax
CSN 528-5831
mailto:kuervers.sj@forces.gc.ca