[WBEL-users] No module aarich found for kernel 2.4.21-20.EL, aborting

C Lance Moxley C Lance Moxley <clmoxley@gmail.com>
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:52:07 -0500

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:07:45 +0200, Thomas Knoop <th.knoop@b-c-s.nl> wrote:

> I tried to install the most recent kernel via up2date, but i get the above
> message.
>
> This is the Adaptec SATA RAID driver.
>
> The complete message is:
>
> No module aarich found for kernel 2.4.21-20.EL, aborting.
> mkinitrd failed
>
> What should i do to get a new initrd on /boot and to resolve the problem?

As far as I know, the aarich driver is a proprietary, binary only
driver. I have a few IBM machines with this SATA RAID card running
WBEL. IBM only has drivers through RHEL Update 2, which is the
2.4.21-15.EL kernel. Here is the URL for IBM:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-55041

Maybe Adaptec has newer drivers?

--
C Lance Moxley