[WBEL-users] No module aarich found for kernel 2.4.21-20.EL, aborting

Thomas Knoop th.knoop@b-c-s.nl
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:13:27 +0200

On Wednesday, October 13, 2004 8:52 PM, C Lance Moxley wrote:

>> The complete message is:
>>
>> No module aarich found for kernel 2.4.21-20.EL, aborting.
>> mkinitrd failed

> As far as I know, the aarich driver is a proprietary, binary only
> driver. I have a few IBM machines with this SATA RAID card running
> WBEL. IBM only has drivers through RHEL Update 2, which is the
> 2.4.21-15.EL kernel.

Oh, ok, thats puts me in the situation to re-consider if i should use the
hardware raid (mirror) on this machine, as it is in a co-location situation.

It will be difficult to update the kernel from a remote site...

I do not have any experience with the Software RAID option, would that be a
wise choice?

Regards,
  Thomas.