[WBEL-users] Raid

Tanel Kindsigo tanel@kivilinn.tartu.ee
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:22:08 +0300 (EET DST)

I have 3ware Escalade 7000/8000 series SATA Raid Controller and I get
perfomance only ca 15MB/s while copying some big files.

with blockdev --setra 256 /dev/sda I can get a bit more: 20MB/s but even
that is not good enough for me.

Also tried that controller with Fedora core 2 and got ca 26MB/s.

I also have VIA VT6420 SATA RAID Controller included with VIA motherboard,
the perfomance is a bit worse than with 3ware.