[WBEL-users] Raid

hawk82 hawk82 <hawk82@gmail.com>
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:22:24 -0400

I'm currently using an older 3ware 6200 with two maxtor ide drives.
I was impressed that I did not have to load any drivers or do anything
special during the install.  The installer booted and saw the 3ware
controller, and the drives looked like one scsi drive.
Been using it for 8 months now with no problems.

I tried the software raid in linux, but it is just too much work. This
solution is a lot easier. Made even easier since I put each drive in a
removable drive bay. If one dies, power down the system, pop out the
old drive, and put a new one, reboot and the array rebuilds.
Very easy.

Josh