[WBEL-users] updates since respin-1?

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:24:03 -0400 (EDT)

Paul Pianta said:
[snip]
> Today I wanted to 'yum install php-mysql' and I got the following
> dependency error ... --- snip ---
> Resolving dependencies
> ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package php-mysql needs php = 4.3.2-11.ent, this is not available.
> --- snip ---
>

> Running 'rpm -q php' gave me php-4.3.2-14.ent.i386.rpm
>

> Does anyone have any idea where the php-4.3.2-14.ent package came from?

php-4.3.2-14.ent is the current PHP version.  Yum is trying to install an
old php-mysql package.

> I manually checked the phantom hosting wbel mirror and there is no '-14'
> package there - just '-11'.

Then this mirror is out of sync.

> Could it be another 'mirrors out of sync' problem?

Yes.

> If so - maybe we
> should investigate further [snip]

The first point of contact for an out of sync mirror is the mirror admin.
They are the only ones with the ability to re-sync the mirror.  FWIW the
phantom hosting mirror is months out of date (it's newest files are from
May).

--
William Hooper